Stone Deaf Syncopy
Digitally Controlled Analog Delay
Syncopy is your perfect sonic centre, where echoes of the past meet and merge perfectly with technology of the future.
With 1 full second of gorgeous and textural fully analog delay, based on classic bucket brigade technology and a fully analog modulation section, combined with the added benefit of modern-day digital control, Syncopy allows you to create, control, save and recall a multitude of delay tones on the fly!
From short classic delays to long and lush modulated echoes and all the way to otherworldly special fx, Syncopy does it all without flinching, while providing the deep and ultra-precise control required by modern day musicians.
• Analog bucket-brigade delay pedal – from 50ms to 1 sec of delay time
• Built-in Modulation – add lush movement or crazy Special FX to your trails
• Tap Tempo and 4 subdivisions – get your delays in sync or hold tap for wild self-oscillation
• 128 Presets – first 4 readily available directly on the pedal, additional presets available via MIDI
• Expression and MIDI control – for on the fly parameter changes
• Handmade in the UK with True-Bypass switching
If you’re like us, then you simply can’t get enough of the soothing and smeary analog echoes of yesteryear. The way they surround your notes, like a warm comforting blanket of awesomeness, just can’t be beaten. But wouldn’t it be nice if they were just a tad easier to control, especially in a live and studio setting? Easier to get in time with your music? Easier to recall settings during a set? Easier to modulate and manipulate on the fly? We definitely think so! Hence, we designed Syncopy from the ground up around an all-analog delay and modulation section, mixed with deep digital control like never before.
The analog portion offers a wide delay range from 50ms right up to 1 second. In addition, we’ve added a vast analog modulation landscape with complete independent control over Depth, Rate and Shape. This lets you both stay within the lines of the vintage delay canvas or blow the painting wide open with bold new sonic strokes that completely reshape and redefine what an analog delay can and should sound like.
Syncopy’s digital section controls all of this analog goodness and gives you access to tap-tempo and four different subdivisions, so your delays will always sit nicely in time with your tunes. If you want to get crazy though, you can press and hold the Tap Tempo switch, effectively sending the pedal into self-oscillation for sudden bursts of ambience. On top of this you also get access to 4 on-board presets (which can be expanded to 128(!!!) via MIDI) for quick settings recall during a session, as well as extensive Expression and MIDI control, seeing you alter and morph your delays seamlessly during a gig.
The Syncopy features soft-touch relay-based foot switches for reliant and noiseless on-stage use and has internal voltage regulation for varying 9v supplies.
The Tone and volume pots are not digitally controlled, but these let you adjust Syncopy to your rig for the perfect placement within your pedal chain. An additional pot is also accessible on the back of the pedal if you need to control the input level of the product (via a small hole, so you don’t have to open the pedal, but simply adjusted with a Philips screwdriver). This allows you to adjust the input to tailor for the weakest single coils, all the way up to high output pickups or even line level sources such as synths and keyboards etc.
With the expression input, or via MIDI CC, you can control the following parameters, saving each of them to the 4 on-board presets (plus an additional 124 presets via MIDI):
• Time – sets the Delay time (from 50mS slap-back delay to 1 second analog delay)
• MIX – adjusts the amount of dry to wet (from 100% wet to 100% dry)
• Feedback – controls the amount of self-oscillation of the delay line (sometimes known as Regen)
• Mod Rate – sets how fast you are modulating the delay from a low swell to a fast chirp
• Mod Depth – the amount of modulation you choose for the delay time
• Mod Shape – changes the modulation shape (from Square wave to Sine Wave and everything in between)
• Beat Divisions –set tap divisions to syncopate rhythm patterns over your playing (from Crotchets, Triplets, Semi-Quaver, Dotted-Quaver to 16ths)
In addition, the Tap Tempo feature also responds and syncs up to MIDI clock for those players with more complex set ups.
Each and every Syncopy is proudly manufactured by Stone Deaf in our factory based in Manchester, England.
Syncopy Technical Specifications
Delay Type: Analog bucket-brigade
Delay Time: 50mS (slap-back) to 1 second
Modulation: Analog – variable shape (square to Sine Wave)
Signal path: All analog design (no digital signal path)
Bypass mode: True Bypass (Relay)
S/N ratio: 100% wet 78db, 100% dry 86db (typical)
Presets: 4 Built-in (128 via MIDI)
Connectivity: Analog Input/ Output, MIDI and Expression Inputs
Power Requirements: 9V -centre DC (not supplied)
Current draw: 250mA